28 Nov 2016
Hawaii Life Vacation Rentals, along with Jeremy and Megan Stice, are currently offering six different vacation rental properties at two exceptional yet very different beachfront resorts in Ka’anapali, The Honua Kai Resort & Spa and the Mahana at Ka’anapali. We are continuing to build our portfolio of exceptional properties at both resorts as well as other fine offerings throughout Ka’anapali, so stay tuned for updates. Also, be on the lookout for our introduction on the specifics of our highly coveted Stice Reserve Collection throughout Ka’anapali.
As an update to this post, we have added three new exceptional properties to our portfolio: Honua Kai Hokulani #816 a 1BD/1BA penthouse ocean view residence, Ka'anapali Ali'i #282 a 2BD/2BA 8th. floor ocean view residence, and Whaler #102 a 2BD/2BA direct beachfront/ ocean view ground floor residence.
The complete portfolio of our 9 Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Rentals lives here.
Beset below the verdant slopes of Mauna Kahalawai, both Honua Kai (foreground with turquoise colored roofs) and the Mahana (two oceanfront towers at the end of the beach strip) sit on miles of finest beachfront land, making them one of the finest playgrounds in the world for all to enjoy
Ka’anapali: Perfect Weather & The Retreat Fit For Royalty
In ancient times, Ka’anapali, which means “rolling cliffs” in Hawaiian, was a royal retreat for the rulers of Maui who delighted in the perfect three-mile stretch of white sand beach, the gentle waves, warm sunny days, and the inspiring backdrop of the majestic West Maui Mountains. Maui’s royalty surfed, raced their outrigger canoes, feasted on luaus that lasted for weeks, and where the Ka’anapali golf courses now grace the land, they played ulu maika, a form of lawn bowling with heavy lava balls.
We are here to help fulfill the vacation experience you may have dreamed about since childhood, an escape from brutal winter conditions, to celebrate significant life events, honeymoons, or rekindle the flames of passion, or just having a great time in paradise with your family and dearest friends. We get about 320+ days of sunshine in Ka’anapali each year, the water is magical, and there is almost always a nice trade wind breeze to keep that optimal desired temperature in place.
Direct Beachfront 1 BD/1 BA Living at The Mahana at Ka’anapali
There is nothing like the incomparable state of being almost right on top of the ocean while staying at the Mahana. All of the residences are literally 75 feet or so away from water’s edge
Mahana 718: VRBO #898519 – This property is the newest addition to our portfolio and is currently our only offering at the Mahana. The Mahana, meaning “Twins” in Hawaiian, was constructed in 1975 and has truly developed it into a special place that is defined as much by the incredible warmth of the sense of Aloha amongst the owner community and its guests coupled with its stunning natural beauty.
View from Mahana 718 lanai
Mahana 718 has an ideal location within the building – on the seventh floor it is high enough to boast outstanding panoramic views, but not too high as to lose the connection with the shoreline and beach below. Also, there are quite a few palm trees that line the shoreline at the Mahana – some of these palms are quite dense at some locations at the resort. This is not the case at residence 718 – above is a photo taken directly from the lanai, which shows you how the palm view is a compliment rather than an impediment.
The Mahana has a very private and serene feeling, and the owner demographic is mature and enjoys the serenity and relative privacy of the location rather than say the neighboring Honua Kai, Papakea, and Ka’anapali Shores resorts, which are more oriented towards younger individuals and those with young children.
The Mahana is so close to the water that it sometimes feels like you are going to fall in. With current zoning regulations increasing shoreline setbacks on building – The Mahana is simply irreplaceable. We are not making any more beachfront property here on Maui and this is as good as it gets.
A Photo is Worth a Thousand Words So an HD Video of the Mahana Is…
This is an older video of a one bedroom residence that I sold a couple years ago – we are in the process of working on the video for Mahana 718 and will be sharing this as soon as possible. This is an accurate present day representation of the resort, the location, and the interior of the residence is very similar to the one we are offering currently.
Aloha & Welcome to Honua Kai
The Stice’s own one of these fine properties (Hokulani 833) and Jeremy has represented many buyers and sellers at this billion dollar resort, so it is a natural fit that we are fortunate to provide a great guest experience for those looking to vacation on the world’s #1 island while helping our clients optimize their asset’s cash flow. We are offering three great properties in the Hokulani (South) tower and two in the Konea (North) tower.
One of my favorite aspects about all the units at Honua Kai is the open floor plans with large glass Nana wall slider doors allowing stunning and contrasting views, making a seamless and refreshing transition between interior home and exterior lanai living. Many of our guests turn off the AC and allow the cool West Maui mountain air to breathe life into the unit. The natural light from the tropical sun that floods the unit creates an ethereal experience.
Miles of beautiful golden sand in both directions front Honua Kai; to the left you’ll have a short walk to Black Rock for some more incredible snorkeling, and to the right, on the right swell, you can catch a smooth shorebreak on your boogie board.
Value Oriented Partial Ocean View / Mountain View One Bedroom Residence
Hokulani 214: VRBO #921343 - is “Kamalu,” meaning the protected one because of its location within Honua Kai. This property is well sheltered from both afternoon sun as well as the prevailing trade winds that can be pervasive at Honua Kai. This property serves as the entry level price point offering into this outstanding world-class resort. This property was added to our collection about mid 2016 and our guest experiences have been extremely positive thus far; book a last minute trip today as we do have availability.
Hokulani 214 covered lanai area with the partial ocean view and scenic mountain view
Two Different 2 Bedroom Vacation Experiences at Honua Kai
Konea 604: VRBO# 497121 – The best of both worlds (mountain and ocean views) with ample space for kids to spread out and play in the enlarged living room area. Be sure to check out our site for the 17 raving reviews we have on this property.
We have named this property Hikialani, which in Hawaiian means “looking at heaven,” as the property has a panoramic view of the lush Mauna Kahalawai (West Maui Mountains) and the Anuenue (rainbow) that commonly live here, and a beautifully contrasting partial ocean view that is even better than our photos represent.
The outstanding ocean, Lanai island, seasonal whale watching, and sunset view from the covered lanai at Konea 607
Konea 607: VRBO #586530 – We have aptly named this unit Kailani or “heavenly sea” as this property has a full ocean view, seasonal sunset views, resort views, and looks directly at the stunning silhouette outline of Molokai island. This property commands the highest price point of all our 2 bedroom properties and it’s also noteworthy that this property is located right across the hall from Konea 604, so larger groups can have the convenience of being close together but with just the right amount of personal space at the same time.
Konea 607 – massive ocean views from its inner courtyard location
Panoramic Ocean View Inner Courtyard 3 Bedroom Residence
Hokulani 825: VRBO #494403 – Returning guests may know that “Hokulani” means heavenly star in Hawaiian. We feel that our property is the most superior three bedroom home, which is why we nicknamed the property “Kealohi,” and in Hawaiian it means “the brightness of a star.” This residence features panoramic ocean views, front row seats for whale watching, and with year-round sunsets to be enjoyed from all three bedrooms, the living area, and the spacious covered exterior lanai area.
Sunset shot taken directly from the owners of this property on the lanai of Hokulani 825
Romantic Getaway in Our Full Ocean View Studio
Hokulani 833: VRBO #592808 is our honeymoon or couple’s retreat studio suite aptly named Keahilani, translating to “heaven’s fire.” This suite is located two doors down from our three bedroom residence above and enjoys an almost identically awesome view, as you see above. The suite is almost 600 sq.ft. with a full kitchen, a king bed where the views are easily seen from here, and a full bathroom. You may want to consider booking this property in conjunction with the three bedroom residence to help accommodate larger groups as some astute guests of ours have done previously.
My little sister, Chloe, and her husband Zack Way just recently got married this summer on our family’s property in Haiku and they spent their honeymoon together in Hokulani 833
Earning Repeat Business One Guest/Family at a Time
We strive to create an awesome guest experience for all those who choose to stay with us and we have 5-star reviews abound on all of our properties. Below is a review that one of our guests was kind enough to leave for us that I feel is demonstrative of the quality of our properties, our service, and our common guest experience.
The Schipperijn/Sieverding Ohana from Texas
The Schipperijn/Sieverding Ohana from Texas (pictured above) loves spending time in Maui at one of their two properties we represent. One of our guests was kind enough to leave them some nice words below on their Konea #604 property.
“My wife and I and another couple just returned from a marvelous vacation at the Honua Kai. We had honeymooned there (not this unit) two years prior and knew we wanted to return, and this unit fit the bill. It was absolutely perfect for the four of us.
The unit itself was beautiful, and the spacious lanai, with a view of both the mountains and the ocean, is where we spent a lot of our time. Having a fully stocked kitchen was very convenient and there is a grocery store right across the street (Times) that has everything you could need. We also loved having all the beach gear that was provided: boogie boards, beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers. We actually had several people stop us and ask where we rented everything.
In addition to the great unit, there is also something to be said for the service that Jeremy, Megan, and Melodie provide. The correspondence leading up to the trip was timely, informative, and hassle-free. We arrived late on a Sunday night and Megan was gracious enough to come to the Honua Kai and show us our room. We were very impressed.
You can’t go wrong with the Honua Kai, and definitely not with this unit and team. Two weeks in paradise wasn’t enough. We will definitely be coming back!”
Adam commenting on his stay here: Konea 604 comments section.
This little guy was enjoying the beautiful sunshine, warm weather, and the comfortable waters of the recently re-opened Hokulani pool, which is now back in action starting this week
Honua Kai Resort amenities include:
- Four diamond amenities
- Onsite spa – Ho’ola spa in the Konea lobby level
- Onsite gym – right next to the spa
- Onsite café – Aina Gourmet Market serving fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, coffee and espresso drinks; sundry gourmet grocery items with breakfast and lunch items as well
- Onsite Duke’s Beachhouse Restaurant – great seafood, steaks, pasta, etc serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner with great local entertainment and service with Aloha
- Onsite concierge
- Underground and above ground parking
- 5 different pools with different experiences (waterfalls, waterslide, sand pool, quiet pool, large infinity activity pool)
- Onsite BBQ grills with picnic tables
- Beach activities booth – snorkel and snuba gear for rent, Maui Jim sunglasses for purchase, and surfboard/paddleboard rentals
Whatever the occasion, my wife Megan and I are here to help make the memory last forever
I frequently get asked what Honua Kai has to offer compared to other resorts. Despite being a perfect family resort, Honua Kai has a lot to offer couples as well.
Experience four diamond amenities with an onsite spa perfect for couples massage, fitness center, and a great exterior walking/running path to keep on track, Duke’s Beach House Restaurant for a refreshing happy hour, and an oceanfront boardwalk perfect for romantic sunset strolls – you’ll have your dream retreat with your husband/wife.
The beach fronting Honua Kai will always hold a special place in my heart as this is the location that I fell in love and proposed to my wife, Megan, four years ago. Proposal in Paradise blog.
Honua Kai HD Video
What’s Around the Mahana & Honua Kai Resort
- Close to great local restaurants – we have a complete list in our home book in each residence and it’s available on our Hawaii Life Vacations App
- 1/4 mile away from Black Rock – fantastic beach lounging, snorkeling, and cliff diving
- Across the street is a full-service grocery store, Times Supermarket, and Whaler’s Village is a short 2 minute drive away
- Minutes away from a fantastic farmers’ market in Honokowai
- Short drive to a fish market in Honokowai – try our personal favorites: the monchong, fish tacos, and fish sandwiches
- Great snorkeling just out front of the resorts
- Great oceanfront boardwalk that takes you past Whaler’s Village all the way down to the Hyatt
- Close to dive/snorkel shops to rent gear and surfboards from
- Short driving distance to two championship golf courses in Ka’anapali and a 7 minute drive to the two awesome courses in Kapalua
What The Stice Team & Hawaii Life Offer Our Guests
- Hawaii Life is a well respected and trusted firm with international recognition with solid island roots
- Impeccable service – our team prides ourselves on timely, thorough, and helpful communication from the very first inquiry through the end of your stay
- Personalized check-ins with a true professional who smiles and makes you feel the aloha. We spend about 30-60 min getting you acquainted with everything, instilling confidence that we are your guides throughout the course of your stay. We will periodically check in with you during your stay just to ensure you are having a great time.
- Local knowledge – Megan and I are owners at the resort, so we are very familiar with how everything works; we are vested in the overall well being of the entire resort and the owner/guest community who reside there, and we live literally 2 minutes away from the resort in the event that you need any help during your stay
- Late night check-ins
- Special welcome packages, including seasonal Hawaiian treats and tasty beverages
- Fully equipped residences – starter kits for coffee, laundry items, paper goods, and just about every cooking/convenience you will need
- Quality beach gear – boogie boards, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, insulated cooler bags, and sand toys for the little ones
- We treat our guests the way we’d want our families treated on vacation
- Available to our guests to answer any questions about Maui and what we can share about other islands 24/7
- Unit welcome book with all our favorites activities from a local’s perspective
- Hawaii Life full service concierge
Ka’anapali is Where the World Comes to Play!
The complete portfolio of our 9 Ka'anapali Beach Vacation Rentals lives here.
Come stay and play with us in Ka’anapali today. We are here at your service.
Aloha and we’ll see you soon,
Jeremy Stice REALTOR(B), RB-21286 808.281.2178 Jeremy@HawaiiLife.com
Megan Stice Reservation Liaison 808.281.3593 SticeVacationRentals@Gmail.com