Aloha from the Hawai‘i Life Rentals team,
We know how excited you must be to visit Hawai‘i again. We look forward to welcoming you back. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests, homeowner clients, and our communities. We are now accepting bookings. We offer flexible cancellation and rebooking policies, as outlined below.
- Entry into Hawai‘i includes a Pre-Travel Testing program, the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form, and temperature screening at all Hawai‘i airports upon arrival.
- Travelers will not be able to obtain a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) upon arrival at any Hawaiʻi airport.
- Pre-travel Covid-19 tests must be taken within 72 hours before departure of the final leg of any trip to Hawai‘i
- The Covid-19 test must be taken at one of the State of Hawai‘i's trusted travel partners.
- In the absence of a confirmed negative pre-travel Covid-19 test, a mandatory 10-day quarantine is required for all trans-Pacific travelers.
- Trans-Pacific travelers of all ages are subject to these requirements.
Here are some of the current travel advisories you should be aware of
- Hawai‘i Life Vacations continues to operate in compliance with all State and County rulings.
- All out-of-state passengers must comply with the Pre-Travel Testing program or adhere to a mandatory 10-day self-quarantine upon arrival.
- Short-term rentals: Vacation home rentals are now permitted to fully resume operations under the State of Hawa‘ii’s four-phase plan for recovery.
- Airlines are offering limited routes. Please inquire with your travel provider.
- Mandatory social distancing measures and mask-wearing mandates are in place throughout the State of Hawai‘i. Please visit each county's website for the latest information:
**Changes Effective June 15, 2021**
Those travelling between islands will no longer be subject to COVID-19 quarantine requirements of any kind. Interisland travelers will also be exempt from taking a pre-travel coronavirus test.
Anyone vaccinated within the state of Hawai´i will no longer be forced to take and pass a COVID-19 test before returning to the islands in order to avoid a 10-day mandatory quarantine. Proof of vaccination is required for the exemption, including uploading a copy of a valid vaccine card to the Safe Travels website.
Those vaccinated outside of the state are still required to take and pass a coronavirus test within 72 hours of departure to Hawai´i to avoid quarantine. Once they have arrived and fulfilled all requirements, those travelers can move between islands without any restictions.
**Changes Effective May 11, 2021**
David Ige announced that Hawaii will begin accepting a vaccination exemption on May 11 for interisland travelers. The vaccination exemption only applies to interisland travelers, who received their vaccination in Hawaii and can prove that they have been fully vaccinated and have waited the required 14 day period.
**Changes Effective April 5, 2021**
Governor David Ige has approved Kauai Mayor Derek Kawakami’s request to rejoin the Safe Travels pre-travel testing program for Trans-Pacific travel, effective April 5, 2021. Existing rules for travel to Kauai remain in place until that date.
The following mandate for Kaua‘i became effective on January 5, 2021.
Inter-island travelers who have been in the State of Hawa‘ii for more than three days are eligible to participate in the Safe Travels Pre-Travel Testing Program for quarantine exemptions. Or, those traveling from outside of the state to Kaua‘i and choose to not stop on an outer island for 72 hours may participate in the county’s independent post-arrival resort bubble program. Travelers who take a pre-travel test, quarantine for three days on the “resort bubble” property, then take a post-travel test, will be released from quarantine with negative test results.
Comfort and Safety Update
We are committed to taking every possible precaution to help protect our guests, homeowner clients, and our communities during this global health crisis. To that end, we’ve developed our 5-Point Checklist for our statewide team of property managers and housekeepers. We take pride in the properties we represent, and we want our guests to feel comfortable and at ease when visiting Hawai‘i.
Our 5-Point Checklist addresses issues such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Protocols
- Personal & Cleaning Supplies
- Appropriate Social Distancing
Please click here to review our 5-Point checklist.
Booking Policy Update
Hawai‘i vacation rentals have been granted permission to fully resume operations under the State of Hawaii’s laws.
Our goal is to allow travelers as much flexibility regarding rescheduling and cancellation as possible. With that in mind, we revised our Standard Cancellation Policy with flexible new terms that allow guests to reschedule or cancel their booking 60 days or more from their date of departure.
In this way, you can continue to plan your Hawaii vacation, but also respond to the evolving circumstances we’re all facing. Should continued travel disruptions occur, you’ll be allowed to reschedule or cancel your booking according to our new Emergency Cancellation Policy.
As a precaution, we recommend that all travelers protect their investment with the purchase of a travel insurance policy to cover flights to and from Hawaii.
Book your next Hawaii vacation rental here.
Contact us today with your questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hawaii on your next Hawaii Life Vacation.